My Bookmarks

Empty at the moment

As i tell everybody, this blog is mostly a dump for my trivial technical ramblings and self-deprecating sub-negative posts wallowing in my own self-pity

Saturday, November 13, 2004

stupidisation of mechanics

This studying for the A levels is getting on my nerves...i'm sick both physically and mentally and the stuff refuses to get in my head...and i've not done any practice on my papers yet! damn i don't want to end up not finishing all my papers on time anymore...2 days left man...shit

anyway, i suppose typing out the stuff as if i'm compiling notes may help me make sense of all that physics i've gotta cram...juz wonder if i can get everything done in time...i've already done some for some mechanics, but that was incomplete, and did not include a couple more examples i would like to...maybe i should address them here...then i gotta move on to thermodynamics, electricity and electromagnetism and modern physics...i love modern physics...newton's stuff stinks! i don't see how commonsensical classical physics is...i reckon that pple say its common sense because there's too many assumptions people UNKNOWINGLY make when they solve mechanics problems! I sought to address some of these deadly assumptions by digging out the axioms of classical mechanics (without bothering with the presence of electromagnetismor anything else). Then i used them to give a thorough (okay i still think its rather incomplete but adequate enough for now...hey at least i know its incomplete! not everyone who makes assumptions is aware of that!! tt pisses me off!) axiomatic treatment of some simple mechanics problems...so far everything works fine...but some problems are still pissing me off...dun wanna talk abt them now, but when i get some reasonable answers i'll add them here. I've sent this as yet incomplete treatise of classical physics to my class's mailing list...i wonder if anybody's gonna read it...or maybe they'll just heed my warning that i could confuse them, and delete it. Cos its "out of syllabus" ARGH! i hate that phrase! New to blogging...perhaps it'll take some time b4 i figure out how to put that file up here...copy and paste!??! thats 2000++ words for you man! nvm i'll get down to it...for now i gotta get down to the rest of the areas i've not touched...dis gonna be a looong night man...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home