My Bookmarks

Empty at the moment

As i tell everybody, this blog is mostly a dump for my trivial technical ramblings and self-deprecating sub-negative posts wallowing in my own self-pity

Sunday, July 03, 2005

i am an insecure self

i've been rather down and low these days. For me, 'down and low' also means there's some anger in me. Another bout of depression strikes me once again...they just happen spontaneously, without reason. I'm so prone to such things...

It gets worse when i start reading my own blog and other writings (like the ones below) and find that i'm not as impressed by them as i used to, or thought i would. Now it just seems like little substance in an excessive amount of words. sigh...this brings up self-doubt. I'm very prone to self-doubt. What if you woke up one day and realised that whatever little you've done that you once thought was marginally impressive (and provided sustenance for your fragile sense of self-confidence) no longer seems that way to you?

It opens up a pandora's box of self-negativity.

Have i been taking the right path in my life so far? Or has following my heart and pursuing all my passions amounted to nothing because i wasn't meant to excel in them and didn't realise soon enough?

The Past 19 years seemed like a struggle to work for my passion and interest, a struggle in vain. The currents of failure are pushing me back faster than my efforts can get me upstream, and im starting to lose it. There's so much i owe to so many people, i fear i cannot repay their kindness and understanding and assistance and hopes for me.

self-negativity leads to a fear of incompetency. this fear leads to hate of oneself. this hate leads to spontaneous occasional anger. this anger leads to...

3 Comments:

Blogger cherhylin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:29 AM

 
Blogger cherhylin said...

hey huiyuan here... im obviously bored and so i have been reading other pple's blogs at this funny timing. seems like ur getting all stressed out over again. relax man.

aniwaez, if ur not impressed with ur previous entries, it's really not sth bad. I choose to see it as sth good. You probably haf better and/or improved concepts in ur mind, which makes u feel that the contents of your previous entries are comparatively inferior now. dun get so worked up!

okie cya ard some other time! =P

10:32 AM

 
Blogger urong1986 said...

urong here...
down n low..i think everyone is feeling the same way, it is just that everybody expresses it differently.
"find that i'm not as impressed by them as i used to, or thought i would." Please pardon me if i misunderstood u...
Dun worry about how people thinks about you even if they are not impressed...so what? The biggest penalty in life is to doubt yourself, is to think you are so "not special or not good". So what if you are taking the wrong path? Why must we always take the right path? Will you be happy if you take the right path?
Follow your heart and never give up even when there is no hope. You will always find light in the dark tunnel, trust me. I dun think there is time for you to think about that...:P
Follow your heart.
Follow your dreams.
At least when one day you leave this world, you will end with a smile when you think of what you do...

8:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home