My Bookmarks

Empty at the moment

As i tell everybody, this blog is mostly a dump for my trivial technical ramblings and self-deprecating sub-negative posts wallowing in my own self-pity

Monday, September 12, 2005

Long "Holiday" ;

To all my friends, i'll be leaving Singapore for Taiwan tonight.

Will be there for three weeks for military training.

Returning on the 4th of October (woo...hell long time for me that is...)
in the morning.

When we're over and done with this, it'll be a month left before our passing out parade when we don our new set of stripes.

Still have lots of projects and stuff to work on, and these won't change; i'll continue to devote effort and time to them. there's just too much of this stuff i need to finish. much of them are a backlog of projects with histories stretching all the way back to the start of my secondary school life, and with pre-histories well, originating from my scientific prehistory. Even so, many of them are important milestones and enabling technologies. Who would imagine a crazy more-than-decade-old idea of laser trapped and bouncing around in a multifaceted crystal in a complex manner as the core module of an artificial brain (sketched in that wonderfully childlike manner) can now point to the study of complexity and emergence and chaotic phenomena as fields leading to insights and a new nascent paradigm of artificial intelligence?

the future is uncertain until we receive our postings, where we will likely remain for the rest of our NSF lives. I can only wish real hard that they give me some room to work on my interests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home