My Bookmarks

Empty at the moment

As i tell everybody, this blog is mostly a dump for my trivial technical ramblings and self-deprecating sub-negative posts wallowing in my own self-pity

Sunday, February 05, 2006

emotional resonance

Hmm last week's three working days seemed rather long. i wonder how it will feel to spend the next, which spans all of five days. perhaps its the lingering effect of the chinese new year holidays. i'm still experiencing its after-effects.

To minimise the hassle of travelling between work place and home, which are situated at two ends of the earth (yes, my very tiny world of habitation) i will be spending some nights in camp. That will provide the
opportunity for some very due exercise. That is, if i don't get dragged into some tedious powerpoint slide work again. Hmm i should be let off to spend the night peacefully, but that'll not sit easy with my conscience. That sacrifice could have come more naturally, but perhaps it does not because my working relationships have not progressed any further beyond that of an acquaintance. But i have exercised discipline to be kind and considerate. We may build enough rapport and camaraderie in future, and the undercurrents of misunderstanding may disappear till, but that is not conceivable now. I must sound very cold and unaccomadating. I don't wish to, but this partly stems from some personal psychological challenges i have to deal with, such as issues of self-esteem, self-confidence etc... These issues have been trampled upon too much by words in my private notebooks and this blog. what i really need is some action. period.

Watching "I Not Stupid Too", the characters' emotions resonated within me. Those feelings of being at wit's end, those violent emotional states so full of anguish and helplessness, the pain of getting caned (for being naughty)...for being the angry teen, the bad child, the hopelessly misunderstood one...

I'll leave it at that. Reminiscing my childhood will be reserved for long bus rides. like taking 67 from choa chu kang to eunos. No more fresh stuff to write by harping on old topics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home